Information for Tenants
- Rents for all properties are quoted exclusive of Water, Gas, Electricity & Council Tax unless otherwise stated.
- All tenancies are granted on the basis of an Assured Shorthold Tenancy. These will usually be for a period of six or twelve months.
- The granting of a Tenancy will be subject to referencing. You will be asked to complete a Reference Application which should include details of your employment, previous address and previous Landlord/Agent details, as well as a character reference. If you are unable to provide, or we are unable to obtain, a reference from your employer and/or Landlord/Agent a Guarantor will be required.
- Proof of Identity is required at the time of application (by way of Passport/Driving Licence).
- An administration charge equivalent to £115 inc VAT per person is to be paid by all applicant tenants. This is the tenant’s contribution towards the cost of setting up the tenancy, obtaining and checking references, preparing the Tenancy Agreement and is payable at the time of application. A holding Deposit of at least £200 (amount may vary dependant on overall rental price) is also payable at time of application. If the applicant withdraws, the agent may retain the whole charge, or a proportionate part of the charge, in respect of the processing of the application.
- The Tenancy Deposit must be paid upon the signing of the Tenancy Agreement. This will be held as a holding deposit until the start of the tenancy agreement.
- A Deposit is usually the equivalent of one months’ rent plus £100. The Deposit is held for the duration of the tenancy. Where the property is under our management, the Deposit will be held by the Deposit Protection Scheme. If the property is to be managed directly by the Landlord, the Deposit will be passed to the Landlord who is then responsible for arranging for the Deposit to be protected.
- As noted above, the Deposit will be protected within the Deposit Protection Scheme. It will be returned in full to the tenant(s) at the end of the tenancy subject to the following:- All keys are returned. Valid forwarding addresses are given. There are no rent arrears. The property is properly clean throughout and the any garden is cut back and clear of rubbish. The inventory is complete and there is no damage to the property
- The Deposit CANNOT be used in lieu of the final month’s rent.
- Rent is payable monthly in advance by banker’s standing order. Please take note that rent must be paid on the due date throughout the tenancy. A charge of £18 inc VAT will be levied if cheques or standing orders are returned unpaid, in order to cover our costs. Any rent due that remains unpaid after 3 days will incur a late payment charge of £18 inc VAT. Please note that we normally recommend to our Landlord clients that they take legal advice or instruct a solicitor to regain possession of the property where the rent is in arrears.
- Keys will not be released until the rent has cleared through our bank, so cash or banker’s draft will be required in most instances. Personal cheques will not be accepted unless payment is made with sufficient time to clear, before the tenancy commences.
- Where there are joint tenants, all notices and agreements will be addressed to all parties and signed by all parties. Please note that all signatories to a joint tenancy are jointly & severally responsible for all obligations including rent payments. Accordingly, if one tenant does not make a payment, the Landlord may pursue the remaining tenants to secure such payment. This may also apply where one tenant leaves a shared tenancy.